Camper Remodel: This will end eventually, right?

We have owned our lovely camper for about 3 months now, and over the course of those 3 months, have spent nearly every weekend getting it prepped for our big trip to the East Coast over the 4th of July. We have had a lot of fun fixing this thing up, but I will be completely honest and say I am so ready to start camping already! I can only paint fake wood for so long ;)

With that disclosure out of the way, here are some pictures from our weekend. 

1. Peter worked on installing the fridge enclosure while I cleaned out the fridge.  By the way, the fridge kind of smells gross. Like mildewy? Maybe what you'd expect in a 20 year old camper fridge? I've been trying a few tricks, like vinegar, baking soda, etc. I will let you know if something works. 




2. Next, I primed and painted the bathroom.


3. The vanity got painted "Beige Shadow" by Valspar from Lowes in a semi-gloss. The wall color was a fun adventure. I thought perhaps I would go with the Edgecomb Gray at 50% strength that I used on the rest of the interior walls. We were at Lowes first, so I got this color matched to a sample, which turned out to be in a satin and I was worried it was too shiny.  In an error of judgment, I then went to Menards and had the color matched on an eggshell base. When I painted it on, it was way too dark. The Lowes match wasn't perfect either.  It was then that I decided to just go with the White Dove that I had used on the cabinets. I think this was a good decision!


The countertop, metal trim, and yellowish fixtures are hideous not my favorite, but they might have to do for now.
4. Gracie helped by keeping guard of the yard (aka barking) and running in between our feet as we carried heavy things. She's the best! ;)  

No comments